Monday, April 27, 2009

Glorious Knitting!

I mentioned how great the Ottawa Knitting Guild is on Ravelry, but I can't help saying it again. even on that cold, damp night last week, the room was buzzing with conversation and I was very kindly welcomed as a guest. The show and tell was great, too. I missed Joyce showing off my son's elephant sweater (a labour of love if there ever was one!) the previous meeting. The knitting this month was great - some gifts ready for shipping, some great shawls and more.

Nice to meet you, and thank you. First, thanks to Suzanne for her great presentation about charity knitting. I learned a lot and we appreciate your kind words. It was also a great chance for me to put faces to names. Names I have been seeing on tags tucked in with wonderful knitting. Like these:




Daphne's mittens. I am glad you are feeling better, and I know these will warm many hands. I have several balls of washable merino if you'd like them! I was impressed to learn that you just knit these, without a pattern!




These are also some very overdue photos from May's last drop off. We love your sweaters, too, and they got a bit of a goodbye pat from these models as we packed them into a box to ship off. The owl is modelling a lovely doll hat that was tucked in with these other lovely hats. The owl is not leaving the house, its owner clearly informed me. (why do some little boy voices carry so well?!!)










And last, but not least, a surprise sweater donated by Joyce. She says it is easy, but I am a bit wary of having to line anything up. A classic with ladybug buttons for a lucky child!
A few other recent donations are a few scarves, and this sweet granny square rose.
Thanks again, Ottawa! Amy

No comments: