Hey, we can see that more of you are accessing the site, especially since the columns in the Metro and the Toronto Star. We're guessing that you want more info on the Creativ show, so here's the skinny:
1. The Creativ Festival is North America's biggest crafters festival, and will be held in TO Oct 26 through 28th this year. It will be at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. See the sidebar to our site under drop-offs for a link to them. If you're into knitting, scrapbooking, crochet, sewing.... and more, you should go! Tons of exhibits, tons of raffles and prizes, contests for the fastest knitter, and (best of all) you can buy enough stuff to feed your crafty desires through the winter months.
2. The Warm Hands Network (that's us) will be there. We have booth #909. You can drop off your newly knit items to us - we're collecting mainly for the Innu kids shipment, and the need is for any size - hats, sweaters, mittens, gaiters and blankets. We'd love to meet you and thank you personally for your contribution.
3. Creativ offers free admission to anyone who brings in a newly knit (hand-knit) sweater or blanket for our project. I'm putting emphasis on the newly knit for two reasons: first, these items are going to be holiday gifts for the kids in Northern Labrador - we think that each kid deserves something new. As the recipient of many a hand-me-down, I think my little sister can attest to the fact that there's something really sweet about opening up something that was made especially for you. Secondly, its part of our deal with Creativ - we're only taking in new stuff at the show.
4. Because they are warmest, we're trying to focus on natural fibres or natural fibre blends. Please avoid 100% acrylic or poly.
5. Come by and see us at the booth, and knit a square! We're being sponsored by Moda Dea, so we're going to be knitting blankets all during the show.
6. We're going to have a cool little raffle for a Fleece Artist kit. Stay tuned!
So that's the dealio so far. Every knit item you drop off will warm a little one this winter. We'll post more as time goes by, so please keep hitting the site. Hope to see you there!